How Can I Help Out?
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of Chippewa Valley girls?
There are many ways you can support Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley. The following volunteer opportunities are available:
Volunteers are needed throughout the Chippewa Valley:
- Coach a Program
- We're always looking for enthusiastic coaches to motivate, educate and inspire Girls on the Run program participants during the 10-week sessions. Head coaches and assistant coaches are needed during the twice-weekly, 90 minute sessions. Our coaches have one thing in common - a desire to make a difference in a young girl's life by preparing them for a healthy adolescence and adulthood. Visit our Job Descriptions page for full details on coaching positions or go directly to the New Coach Application Form. Coaches returning for 2018 can apply here.
- Special Events
- Help is needed at special events throughout the year. Special events include:
- Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley 5K Run - May 12th, 2018
- If The Shoe Fits...Run! Event - March 13th, 2018
- GOTR 5K event
- Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley 5K Run Event in May.
- Race preparations from March through May leading into the 5k event such as flyer and registration form distribution
- Running buddy: each GOTR participant is paired with a running buddy for the 5k
- Race-day volunteers are needed for general race management such as registration, course set up, etc. Volunteer Online.
- Board Member
- Board members support the mission and vision of Girls on the Run International and GOTR- CV. Members commit to serve on the Girls on the Run Board of Directors for a 2 year term. Apply Online.
- General Volunteer
- administrative support
- grant writing
If you are interested in volunteering with us you can Volunteer Online. We welcome your involvement!