How Can I Help Out?
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of Chippewa Valley girls?
There are many ways you can support Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley. The following volunteer opportunities are available:
Volunteers are needed throughout the Chippewa Valley:
- Coach a Program
- We're always looking for enthusiastic coaches to motivate, educate and inspire Girls on the Run program participants during the 10-week sessions. Head coaches and assistant coaches are needed during the twice-weekly, 90 minute sessions. Our coaches have one thing in common - a desire to make a difference in a young girl's life by preparing them for a healthy adolescence and adulthood. Visit our Job Descriptions page for full details on coaching positions or go directly to the New Coach Application Form.
- Special Events
- Help is needed at special events throughout the year. Special events include:
- Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley 5K Run - May 13th, 2017
- If The Shoe Fits...Run! Event - March 10th, 2017
- GOTR 5K event
- Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley 5K Run Event in May.
- Race preparations from March through May leading into the 5k event such as flyer and registration form distribution
- Running buddy: each GOTR participant is paired with a running buddy for the 5k
- Race-day volunteers are needed for general race management such as registration, course set up, etc. Volunteer Online.
- Board Member
- Board members support the mission and vision of Girls on the Run International and GOTR- CV. Members commit to serve on the Girls on the Run Board of Directors for a 2 year term. Apply Online.
- General Volunteer
- administrative support
- grant writing
If you are interested in volunteering with us you can Volunteer Online. We welcome your involvement!