Are you an athlete or training for your first event?
Do you have a passion for the Girls on the Run mission and want to help?
The Girls on the Run SoleMates program provides a great opportunity to give girls an example of healthy living. By joining Girls on the Run SoleMates, you can play a vital role in ensuring the future success of Girls on the Run programs that impact the lives of thousands of young women every year.
What is the Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley SoleMates program?
SoleMates is the adult charity running leg of Girls on the Run. We are male and female athletes of all ages and abilities who pursue individual goals, such as running a marathon or participating in a triathlon, to raise money for our local Girls on the Run Council.
Your personal goals, like running a 5k, a half or full marathon, or completing a triathlon, can help thousands of young girls live their own dreams.
Who can be a SoleMate?
A SoleMate is anyone in the community who supports the mission of Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley to “inspire girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running” through charitable giving and/or fundraising on behalf of the program.
What is the SoleMate commitment?
- Although we do not have a fundraising minimum, we encourage all SoleMates to raise at least $235, the full cost for a girl to participate in our life-changing program.
- Find and register for an athletic event of your choice to train for & complete on behalf of GOTR Of the Chippewa Valley
- Register online as a SoleMate for a $25 annual donation. (This annual donation allows you to be a SoleMate for as many events as you would like during the year.).
- Create your fundraising page and share it to meet your goal! 100% of your donations will go directly to GOTR Of the Chippewa Valley and used to deliver the program to more girls!
What do SoleMates get in return?
- Personal and customizable online fundraising tool through our website
- SoleMates training technical t-shirt & GOTR water bottle, and fun headband!
- Running training programs if you would like.
- The extra satisfaction and motivation of knowing you are TRAINING FOR A REASON — to change the lives of girls across Of the Chippewa Valley!
Become a Scholarship SoleMate
If training for an event just isn’t possible at this time, register online to become a SCHOLARSHIP SOLEMATE by making a $235 donation to GOTR Of the Chippewa Valley. Your tax-deductible gift provides a scholarship for one girl’s participation in our program.
Our REPEAT SoleMates are ROCKSTARS!
The first time around was so great, let’s do it again! Please feel free to be a SoleMate for GOTR Of the Chippewa Valley as many times in one year as you would like for your initial $25 donation. Since you have already created a login and password, enter "SOLEMATESROCK" as your discount code when you register for your upcoming event. The joy, health and confidence you bring to our girls grows exponentially as you train and complete multiple events. Thank you for your generosity!
Who do I contact if I have questions or need support?
For more information or to register to be a SoleMate, please contact our SoleMates Coordinator April Marion at 715-313-0116, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUALS - WIN For Everyone!
Eau Claire Marathon is supporting GOTR Solemate program, if you sign up now, and raise $1000 for GOTR as a Solemate... your entry will be reimbursed by the Eau Claire Marathon. (You can sign up for the 5K, 1/2 Marathon, Full Marathon)
If you are in a Relay team, and run as an individual, you will be reimbursed $40, if the whole relay team raises $2500 for GOTR, you will be reimbursed full team entry! Lace them up! and Sign up now!
Ready to run?
Girls on the Run SoleMates is proudly sponsored by OrthoLite. We thank them for all that they do to support the incredible men and women who sign up to run, bike, hike and walk on behalf of Girls on the Run each year.